We have been closed for several months, but now that the threat of Covid-19 is decreasing, we are pleased to be able to open our doors again for private prayer.
You may find the church not quite as you remember or anticipate it to be. This is because we have used physical boundaries inside the church to keep volunteers and visitors safe. Please note that;
- If you have any symptoms of Corona Virus (raised temperature, persistent cough, sudden loss of sense of smell or taste) please go home
- Hands must be sanitised upon entrance and exit
- Only the central, right aisle is available for seating
- A one-way system is in place
- It is not possible to visit the history areas or Lady Chapel
- The two-metre social distancing rule must be applied at all times
- Singing is a transmission risk and is currently not allowed
- Those who are vulnerable or shielding need to remember to keep themselves safe and may decide that they should not enter the church building at this time
A short video explaining what to expect when you visit the church can be found on our church website.
Also available on the website are meditations to accompany the “Jesus, our Hope” images by The Benedictine Sisters of Turvey Abbey that you will find amongst the pews. We hope these will aid you in your prayers.
The church will be open from Sunday 21st June, every Sunday, from 2-6pm. The church will be silent from 2-4pm and there will be quiet, recorded church music from 4-6pm.
The church continues to be alive and active and worship is streamed live every Sunday morning from here at 10.30am. Please do join us in worship from your homes.
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5
“To know Christ and to make him known”